Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Song Request-People Get Ready

My good friend and suitemate, Patrick Cleary, Esq often engages me in "point/counter-point" discussions with Pat taking the extreme right-wing view point. I, of course, respond with my well-reasoned, progressive/liberal/point of view. We do agree on one thing, and that is a shared love for the music of the 60's. People know Pat as a very fine lawyer, who can be found anytime of the day having a smoke outside of our building. What Pat is not is a computer expert. He asked me if I could play his request on the "you tubes." I told him to watch this blog space and I would hook him up. The song Pat is requesting is Rod Stewart's very fine cover of the Curtis Mayfield classic "People Get Ready." In this song, and video, Rod reunites with the great guitarist Jeff Beck. Rod was the lead singer for the "Jeff Beck Groups" first two albums, which might be the best things Jeff Beck ever recorded. This fine effort hit #48 on the charts back in 1985.

No comments:

Post a Comment