Monday, November 14, 2011

Christmas Music Station Rant/"Christmas Wish"

One of our local stations, which I won't name, starts playing Christmas music around November 1. Okay, a little early, for me at least, but that's why radios have dials. Used to be two stations, but, due to format changes, only one station plays Christmas music that early. My problem is not so much with the early start of the music, but do they have to stop playing Christmas music at midnight on Christmas Day. Doesn't Christmas season last until New Years Day? Wouldn't it be nice to have a little Christmas music when you are heading out to some of the family and friend Christmas parties you have to attend between Christmas and New Years?

My tastes in Christmas music are very eclectic as you might guess, so I don't turn to this station for my Christmas fix. I would rather listen to the The Loft or the Holiday channels on my computer. There are also Holiday channels on Sirius/XM that don't fit this rigid schedule and keep the Christmas music going. Most people these days have cable or satellite and they can find a Holiday music channel from the same source that brings them Espn and HBO.

If I were a benevolent dictator, Christmas music would start on the day before Thanksgiving and end on New Years Day. Here is a track from the new "She & Him" Christmas album with their version of the NRBQ track "Christmas Wish."

No comments:

Post a Comment