Saturday, January 21, 2012

Temptations "My Girl" Speaks to a Younger Generation

Went to my daughter Sara's last Daddy-Daughter dance last night. She moves on to Royal Oak Middle School in the fall. From now on, they will all be "scumbag-Daughter" Dances but I'm a Dad. I'm allowed to hate the boys my daughter will end up going out with. Anyway, I digress. Mixed in with the stream of Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, the dread Bieber (makes Taylor Swift sound like the Stones in comparison) the DJ played one classic oldie. One tune that Daddy's and Daughter's agreed was great, danced to, in fact the dance floor was packed for this one. And that tune was.......

By the way, if you miss it at the beginning of this clip, this is a scene from the Temptations mini-series which gets rerun over and over on VH1 and BET. It was actually pretty cool. They are all gone now. All the Temps but Otis Williams and Dennis Edwards, at least out of the classic voices. Oh sure, Otis is out there somewhere with 4 younger men, entertaining America but it's not the same.......

No comments:

Post a Comment