Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Lefsetz Letter/Blog

For the past few months I have been reading the blog of a guy named Bob Lefsetz. I heard a reference to his blog/newsletter (you can subscribe and get updates by email) on the Howard Stern Show and it seemed interesting, so I subscribed. Lefsetz is an attorney and former music label head who has been commenting by way of his blog on issues including but not limited to the decline of physical media, like cds and dvds, the rise of "peer to peer" services for digital file sharing, and the appearance of music websites/apps such as Spotify. He can be a controversial figure, with at times predictable and at times infuriating viewpoints that have raised the hackles of many in the music community. His writing style has been captured and lampooned in the online pages of the "Fake Lefsetz Letter" which hilariously captures his sometimes over the top philosophizing, self-reverence, and love of Don Henley.

But I love a strong opinion. And I love when Bob devotes a new article to an artist, album or even a particular song. Bob's a little older than I but I share a lot of his tastes. And he now posts a playlist on Spotify which I have subscribed too. That means when he puts his new set of songs online, they are right their on my Spotify app ready to play.

Here are some samples from Bob's playlist about Winter! I have tossed the link for this playlist and for Bob's blog down below the tunes!



The Lefsetz Letter

Bob Lefsetz Welcome To My World - "Winter"

No comments:

Post a Comment