Friday, December 16, 2011

The Coolness of Spotify Collaborative Playlists


I do tend to go on about Spotify because I think it is truly a life changing concept. Free, on demand music! Any song from their 15 million deep catalog you want to hear, at your fingertips! And you can set up playlists, like Chadwick's Listening Room and post them on Facebook or to other people on Spotify!


One cool feature is the Spotify Collaborative Playlist. The idea is that one Spotify member sets up a playlists. Adds a song, sends it to another member who adds a song and sends it back. Kind of like a musical meeting of the minds, or a volley in a tennis match. 


I set up two collaborative playlists. One is the "Detroit-Donegal Connection" between myself and my "Deartháir ó mháthair eile" or "brother from another mother" Dermott Carr. I started it off with The Ramones "(Do You Remember) Rock n Roll Radio? The wily auto engineer responded with "Shane MacGowan and the Popes "Rock n Roll Paddy" playing off the title of my track. I responded with Eddie Cochran's "C'mon Everybody which shares the same chords with Shane's tune. And so on and so forth. Like musical pen-pals, I look forward to Dermott's response to my response. It's a Rock n Roll conversation!


I also sent a Collaborative Playlist to that fine Lake Orion member of the bar, Kevin Patrick Cleary but he has not yet responded. Hopefully, I can get more than one conversation going the way Bobby Fischer would take on multiple comers in multiple chess games at once. Except this is Spotify and not Chess. And I won't be run around having my fillings removed because an "International Conspiracy" between the Cia and the Zionists have put listening devices in my teeth! Other than that it's just like Bobby Fischer!




The only drawback to the Collaborative Playlist is that you can't share them with third parties. At this time, anyway. Maybe down the road! The musical exchange so far is reproduced below:





No comments:

Post a Comment