Monday, March 19, 2012

Song of the Day-I'll Love You Forever (Happy Birthday Kelly)

When Davy Jones of the Monkees died on Leap Day, the inevitable tributes poured onto the web. Many of the tributes were set to this late Monkees song "I'll Love You Forever" from the the album "Pool It." It was written by Davy Jones and I understand that more than a few weddings have used this song, which I would prefer hearing to the inevitable "young country" flash in the pan. Anyway, Davy wrote this tune and I think it's a worthwhile little composition, nice production, probably no other Monkees (besides Peter Tork) are on it. And I dedicate it to my wife Kelly who just celebrated her birthday because it sums up the way I feel! In a moment of sheer madness she agreed to marry me 17 years ago, thus saving my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment