Wednesday, March 14, 2012

CD Storegasm-Film at 11!

"CD Storegasm" (or the similar "music storegasm") is, according to Websters, any trip to a Record Shop wherein five or more CD/Records are purchased. The rolls of the music store "dead" seem to get longer every year. In the year just ended, we lost Rock-A-Billy's, Record Time and Car City Records. We gained some new spots for shopping, like the most excellent UHF in Royal Oak. And then there is Dearborn Music, located, as it has been for the last 1,000 years, at the Northwest corner of Michigan and Monroe. Back in the day, it was Dearborn "Records" a staunch, family-owned competitor to Harmony House, Korvettes, Repeat The Beat  and other purveyors of vinyl that provided the soundtrack for my teen years. Now, it soldiers on as maybe the biggest and best record/cd/dvd/blu-ray/memorabilia store in the area. I spent some time there this morning. Not long enough as I have, you know, a life (of sorts). Coupling it with lunch at the fine Miller's Bar (best burger in Michigan?) I ended up filling my bag with the following:

The Kinks-Face To Face-Deluxe 2 Disc Edition

Wilco-The Whole Love Limited Deluxe 2 cd edition

Bruce Springsteen's "Wrecking Ball"

Arthur Alexander's The Greatest

Cowboy Junkies "Nomad" Series 3 Sing In My Meadows

Poco Very Best of Live  

The Bangles Sweetheart of the Sun 

The Move-Live at the Fillmore

Otis Rush I Can't Quit The Blues

And the Piece of Resistance, at a bargain price though still sealed, the 9 CD, 1 DVD Robert Plant "Nine Lives" collection featuring his first 9 solo albums after leaving Led Zeppelin, remastered with bonus tracks. 

If you call me and I don't hear my phone ringing, it's because the music is too damn loud!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment