Wednesday, March 20, 2013

What Song is Mark Digging At This Very Second-"Hittin' Where It Hurts"-Webb Wilder

Webb Wilder aka John Webb McMurray released the "Hybrid Vigor" album in 1989. I bought this cd "sound unheard" from the old Repeat the Beat store in Royal Oak. It just looked kinda cool. I think it was in the used bin. Back in the day, I was the RTB lawyer and I got paid in trade (Ha Ha It's 24 years ago Mr. IRS Man!). I would come in to one of the fine RTB outlets and knock a hundey off  my legal bill by getting a box of new releases, catalog stuff, used, whatever. Impulse buying at it's best.

Loved this cd, and the first tune, "Hittin' Where It Hurts" set the proper tone for this rockin' disc. Webb is still recording, at least he was as of a 3-4 years ago but his early stuff is the best. Rootsy, kind of Americana sounding, with a deep resonant hillbilly voice. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment