Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Top Ten Bands I will Listen to in Hell (not according to me!)

Salon.com has posted one of those snarky lists of bands that a particular person hates, by one Sean Beaudoin, who is surely getting his share of badly misspelled, hate emails, comments, tweets by this time. Missives along the lines of "You hate Creed. Creed is the best. You our nothing butt a hater!" I won't join in the outrage, though I am a fan of most of the artists listed. In fact, I make no secret of putting the Beach Boys in my all-time top two. But I agree with Sean on another of the bands (yes, it was I who sent him the above-quoted Creed email). Even though Sean is wrong Wrong WRONG when it comes to the Beach Boy's, he makes a fair point about Creed. And he writes well, and humorously about his hates. Sean is entitled to his opinion and he appears to have done the prerequisite listening homework in making these judgments. Which makes me wonder how he can slag off whole careers instead of focusing on particular artistic "missteps." But it was a fun read.

Here is his list of the ten bands he (Sean Beaudoin) will hear in hell, along with a link to the article!

In order from 1 to 10:

Counting Crows
Beach Boys
Billy Joel
Weezer
Eric Clapton
R.E.M.
Oasis
Sting
Creed
Pearl Jam

Here is the link to the article if you want to check it out. It is a good read!

the ten bands I will be forced to listen to in hell

No comments:

Post a Comment